I have paid $1512.00 in overdraft charges since I opened my Regions Checking account in 02/01/2012.I paid all my bills with electronic checks from regions online banking on 03/01/2013.
I set up reacquiring payments for those monthly bills on 03/04/2013 to start 04/03/2013. I made an error and paid a $100.00 utility bill as a one-time payment, and to be sent out immediately on 03/04/2013. Ordinarily the bank returns electronic checks without a fee if the funds are not available. In this cause they paid the error because I had over 8 small pending transactions that had not posted to the account yet.
They ended up charging me $288.00 for all the 8 pending transactions once they posted. The bank robbed me for $288.00. I complained for three days straight and they reversed $144.00 of the charges. I am pursuing justice through the judicial system.
I am looking to change the banking regulation regarding pending transactions and overdraft fees. I requested a copy of my transaction logs to see when the overdraft debit card transactions were initiated at each merchant as evidence for my case from my local Regions branch in Snellville, GA. The branch manager claimed he had not been approved for that type of access to bank accounts. The branch manager referred me the electronic banking department to assist me with my request.
I spoke with several supervisors from several call centers. The call center supervisors all said they have access to the information I requested, but could not send the branch the information to give me. I am PISSED at Regions Bank. I will pursue justice for all Americans can be protected from the Banks bogus overdraft charges.
“An injustice anywhere, threatens justice everywhere".(Martin Luther King JR.)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "It appears Frost Bank closed our account because we are an immigrant family. On Thursday, we received a letter stating the following: Dear , The mission..."
- "Let me begin by saying my father has been a customer of Bank of America for over 40 at a branch in Clarksville, Virginia. At his passing two years..."
- "This company is horrible and should be investigated for breaking the laws when it comes to consumers money. I used them for my 2015 taxes and they held my money..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."