Weston C Ptj

Regions Bank is holding a check I deposited on the 15th till the 24th

I deposited a check for $750 on the 15th and I was going to use it for my bills. But Regions Bank decided to put a hold on my hard earned check till the 24th. Now my electricity is shut off my phone will be off tomorrow all because they said it is policy. It wasn't policy before. I went back to look at the agreement and it boldly says they will have your funds for you the next day. What they are doing is wrong and bad business practices that hurt the little people with no voice but we put our money in there big banks.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenient
Cons:
  • Policies and practices

Preferred solution: My money before the 24th

Regions Bank - VICTIM OF FRAUDULENT
Regions Bank - VICTIM OF FRAUDULENT - Image 2

ATTENTION: THE DIRECTOR THE MANAGER REGIONS BANK 10247

Dear Sir/ Madam:

I would like to inform you that I am a victim of your client name: KAREN

MORALES with an address at 446

Village LN 102 Crossville Tennessee

38555 USA

I was instructed by the FIRST NATIONAL MERCHANT BANK to make

a payment for KAREN MORALES said for the purpose of having a CODES to

generate an Account to be able to transfer a sum of money totalling to TWO MILLION AND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. The FNMB issued a FAKE

VOUCHER to me an the money did not

accredited.

Please I am asking your help to reverse the said payment I made because KAREN MORALES Account was used for Fraud on me.

We had reported

already to the Police. My bank will do also an action.

Please help me and hoping for your

cooperation to recover my money

Very sincere yours,

JUDITH D SAN LUIS

VICTIM OF FRAUDULENT

NOTES: I ATTACHED COPY OF PAYMENT I MADE TO REGIONS BANK

Guest

The fact that you posted your (or someone else's) info on a PUBLIC site that has nothing to do with the bank may explain how you were compromised. Plain stupidity if you haven't figured it out.

Joshua H Oyq

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

ATM Debited my account but did not dispense cash

Regions Bank - ATM Debited my account but did not dispense cash
Regions Bank - ATM Debited my account but did not dispense cash - Image 2
ATM ID - RFC21049 Between 5:13pm and 5:23pm April 5, 2024 I arrived at the Jacksonian plaza Regions Bank atm in Jackson Ms. I used my Square card ending in 2900 to make a withdrawal of $220. ATM fees of $2.50 were added to make the total amount debited to my account $222.50. While waiting on the machine to dispense the cash, an error message came up saying the atm is out of service. I could hear what sounded like the machine gathering the cash until it just quit and displayed the error message. Please contact me with instructions on reimbursement

Frankie C Nyd

| map-marker Southaven, Mississippi

Account closed months ago, but still recieving mail

Regions Bank - Account closed months ago, but still recieving mail
My account was closed months ago, yet, I still receive receive mail that is addressed to my old address in Memphis, TN. I have lived in Texas for a year, and my account was closed a few months ago. But, I receive mail that addressed to an address that I havent lived at for a year. This concerns me, as to if someone is trying to commit fraud or access my information. Please help!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Someone can access my account without my permission

Preferred solution: Whoever is trying to access my account to be punished.

Armella Svp

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

CAN'T ACCESS MY MONEY!!!

I transferred over $800 to my Regions account yesterday and today. When I tried to get some of the money from an ATM an hour ago, I was declined.

My account says the money is available (on my app and on the phone). I pulled over, called Regions Bank, and spoke to a CSR, only to find out my account is under a "soft closure" due to it being previously overdrawn by $4. I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED ABOUT THIS "SOFT CLOSURE" OR ABOUT MY ACCOUNT BEING OVERDRAWN, otherwise, I never would've transferred money to the account.

When I asked the CSR why I was even allowed to transfer my money to this account knowing I wouldn't have access to it, she said, "That's a good question." When I asked if I can transfer MY money from the Regions account to another account, I was told I would not be able to, and I would have to wait (possibly until tomorrow) before I could access MY money. As a result, I will be charged a $50 fee from the company I was trying to make a payment to and an order I need to place today cannot be placed and my package will not arrive in time.

User's recommendation: Ask questions about notifications and fees and other possible issues before you choose to do business with a bank. Also, I would NOT recommend doing business with Regions Bank.

William T Jvt

Verified Reviewer

Can't get help with my problem

Contacted Regions Bank on Line regarding not receiving my debit card that runs out 2/24. Told it was mailed out 1/14/24.

I had a stroke in 2010 a d.my brothers cpa firm set up automatic monthly payments using this card. They say that they cannot issue me a new card with the same number. What do I do. Don't want monthly bills not paid.

I am not allowed to write checks because I maje errors when I wite them. My account was opened in 1946 when my father started working in my grandmother's bank. Over the years it was sold to Bank of Batesville. BANK OF CLARKSDALE and Union Planters before Regions purchased them.

They repeatedly Change the ownership of my account from Joint Tenants Right of Survivorship to a joint account without my permission. Many millions of dollars have come through this account after my mom and dad's death and I have had a good relationship with them until now. What do I do? I have a history with this account I don't want to loose.

Regions seems not to Care! I am 64 years old and don't want to start over again. There has never been a bad check written on this account since it was opened in 1946. I feel I have one of the oldest accounts and Regions keeps screwing me over.

The didn't ask me if they could buy Union Planters and I want to warn people that if they will do this kind of stuff to me, they will do it to you.

Do NOT USE REGIONS BANK. Maybe this will encourage Regions to give me a call.DO NOT USE REGIONS BANK!!

Cons:
  • Do not patron them

Preferred solution: Correct the problem

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE REGIONS BANK !!!!

Guest

Debit card usually good for four years. If bill pay was set up in 2010, your card has been renewed several times since.

There is not a debit or credit card on this planet that gets reissued with the same number. Ever.

Ghulamabbas A

Hi sir give me all bundle elite pass and diamonds 10 000 Pls My id name Nitin-2936

Ghulamabbas A
reply icon Replying to comment of Ghulamabbas A

Pls Next day

View more comments (2)

Unable to add 2nd person on account

I am making plans for disability/death, I'm 71. I'm unable to add my chosen 2nd person on my account, or make her my beneficiary on my account at Regions because there is no Regions bank in Maryland where she is, not even the states next to Maryland.

I have a small estate and I wish to make my arrangements in advance so my chosen friend doesn't have to travel. The funeral home has all my arrangements and will handle what they are obligated for.

I don't think a bank in the US should be able to block access to my chosen beneficiary, or my chosen 2nd account out holder, especially in this day of secure electronic transmissions - which is what a Regions bank would use IF there was one near my friends location. I have found another financial institution who agrees this limitation is ridiculous and are willing to work with me to meet my needs.

User's recommendation: Know what you are getting into with Regions Bank.

Guest

This is your third complaint about this since February 20th. There is a security issue protecting you and the bank that requires the person to go into a branch.

That is not unreasonable. You claim you have found somewhere that doesn’t require this, so just use them. Problem solved.

You seem quite uppity and somewhat impressed with yourself saying you have a small estate. Maybe you should hire an attorney for advice and pay them to handle this.

Darielle C Oyx
map-marker Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Disputed fraud and spoke today to go toDCdisputes @regions

Regions Bank - Disputed fraud and spoke today to go toDCdisputes @regions
They said put in a claim number to upload more documentation . It doesnt start with claim just all the services of regions Unable with that format so I googled how to send a message And upload. It said go to your online to send a message. No where was a place send a message I paid a service fee and taxes and was supposed to receive and havent. The day after I disputed they went with my acct unauthorized with international charges. Regions doesnt care about customers getting frauds

User's recommendation: Don’t get regions- they make it difficult to dispute

Thi H Nyj

| map-marker Little Rock, Arkansas

Regions Bank Zelle Dep't

We both went through a hustle bad representative from Regions Bank at Zelle customer services department completely bad and unprofessional acted not recommends to anyone.

When I try to send money to my brother-in-law through zelle they were put the amount on hold and ask me to call in normal business hours to verify they're closed I have to wait and call in next morning with the phone number they preferred then I have to be gone through all kind of questions to get to the point, and then who is ALISA who refuse give me her full name or employee ID she state that I need to go to branch showing ID each time to zelle money then I go ARE YOU REALLY? Meanwhile, the process she asked WHY and purpose to send your monies for?

I feel like this is a stupid question my money I can, or I can't do what ever I want to I don't need your permission to used my monies am I ?

Then I was asked for supervisor or Manager, she put me on hold 10 minutes later than phone disconnect.

later on I seen she deleted my brother in law profile.

Once time branch Manager sit on the corner table instead of his seat and served me turn his back forward me the location at west little Rock, AR, this telling me Regions bank is not worthies to do the business with don't waist your time go find another bank who treat you loyal with respect.

Regions Bank base out of Birmingham, AL, is that not clear? Or is that not telling you something about them?

I wouldn't, it's time for me to close all account go somewhere else for banking who need and serve me better with respect not like Region Bank from Birmingham, AL train all there employees does to me.

Good luck to you all

User's recommendation: DO NOT open bank account with Region Banks therefore corporate office has no number to call for complaint no

Add second account holder

Unable to add chosen 2nd account holder in case of emergencies because she lives in a state that doesn't have a Regions bank, also no close state. Also since then I have also learned I can't make her the beneficiary of my account because she would also need to go to a Regions bank to close my account.

I have small estate and have made death arrangements with funeral home to keep anyone from having to travel here, it would be too expensive.

I intend to open an account with another bank who has informed these transactions can be done by mail or electronically. They agree a bank should not have the right to control who I add to my account.

User's recommendation: Not sure about other banks, but Regions does not disclose name, phone number, email or street address of the corporate directors or anyone who can work with me to work this out. All I have gotten is "sorry it's a Regions rule" and an agreement that perhaps I do need to change to a different bank, which I intend to do this week.

Armella Svp

| map-marker Memphis, Tennessee

Unable to access MY money!!!

I deposited over $800 into my Regions bank account over the last 2 days through 3 transactions. Today, I went to the ATM to withdraw some of that money, only to be declined.

Keep in mind, my account reflects (on my app and over the phone) that my money IS available. I pulled over and called Regions Bank, only to be told that my account is under a "soft closure" due to a recent overdraft of $4, and I won't be able to access my money until tomorrow. I asked the CSR why I was not notified of this "soft closure" and why I was even allowed to deposit my money into this account when I wouldn't be able to access it. She replied, "That's a good question."

Because I can't make the payment I needed to make today, I will be charged a $50 fee.

I also can't place the order I needed to place yesterday, therefore, I won't receive the package I need in time for an upcoming event. I've been through this before when Regions closed my account without even notifying me. I found out my account was closed only in a situation similar to this one.

The only reason I have a bank account is that some places (such as jobs and college universities) have stopped accepting Cash App, PayPal and Chime for direct deposit.

They require a bank account. I only use my Regions account for instances such as these.

My experiences with Regions remind me why I stopped using banks before.

User's recommendation: Do your research before doing business with these banks. Read reviews and ask questions about notifications and fees...etc. Also, I DO NOT recommend doing business with Regions Bank. The fact that they don't notify their customers of certain situations and they will accept your money and then not give you access to it is very suspicious and unprofessional.

Bonnye Uvd
map-marker Morganton, North Carolina

Cause they send my card to wrong address

My visa card was send to wrong address cause there was mistake on the address...so have not yet received my card..

Add second account holder

Unable to add second account holder in another state without a local Regions Bank there, she can't travel here
Antonius Wul

Close account for no reason

This powerful institution is enslaving and... They close the account without any reason, the height of insolence and sarcasm, and they do not care about people's interests. A bank as bad as those who founded it. I advise anyone not to open an account in this bank or deal with it.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't open account with this bank

map-marker Miami, Florida

Worst customer service

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! THEY WILL NOT CALL YOU BACK OR ANSWER YOUR EMAILS!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

User's recommendation: WELLS FARGO

John C Nzf

| map-marker Montgomery, Alabama

Deposit never posted

I've been depositing checks weekly from a customer im remodeling for locally. I've not one time, had to deal with deposits pending, they post the day I deposit them.

Today, same routine every week, go to drive through, deposit check, leave to go get gas, things I need for the weekend, pay a bill... And no money posted. My debit card was declined. What a sorry *** bank.

This bank still hasn't posted a merchandise return to lowes, that one from home depot posted instantly! It's not lowes, it's this trash *** bank. Had I known, I would have just cashed the check, and yes it was before close of the business day, because I was in the drive through! So if it's policy to process and post next business day, then why have I been going to the same drive through, deposit check, they post immediately in available balance, and even give me cash if I need it...if it's policy to process one business day for a check deposit, that have cleared and never had an issue until today,then why were they doing it the same day every week since I've been going there?

I'm closing my account once I finally have my money, and I will be seeking more explanation and guarantee you there will be some legal assistance to be retained for this nonsense. Im a hard working man who just had a stroke, barely get by, doing only thing I know, remodeling, I don't get paid much, but that money is mine and it being kept from me because someone was too lazy to punch a few keys before the run home to start their weekend or whatever, is absolutely absurd. I have no money, while my account is surely deducted that second I swipe my card or make a purchase. They talk about overdraft protection...

I can't tell. I never had that luxury of my bank seeing I make regular deposits, and seeing me as a loyal customer, that put his trust in their business to help me financially, which is their job, but in real life, they are just lazy, in a hurry to get home, when I was at the drive thru shortly after 4pm today making a deposit, and unknowingly going to end up no gas, no food, no nothing. Oh and now my phone bill didn't get paid, so theyll cut it off, charge for reconnecting it on Monday, fee after fee, my credit with them will be ruined, and not to mention, I've been using the same bank awhile now, and they always gave me cash if I wanted, and available balance posted immediately upon leaving the bank. I can't talk to anyone at corporate or anywhere because it's after business hours.

I've tried the message thing, but it's no use, I'm told a line from a a script they've all been telling me... Policy... My apologies... UUnfortunately, blah blah blah.

I'm super pissed!

I will not, be doing another anything with this trash, scandalous bank.

Stay away from regions bank yall. It is not safe to put your money in their trust.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service agent to speak to
  • Lazy

Preferred solution: The money I deposited, the return to lowes I'm still waiting for, and my account closed immediately following access to my money in my hand.

User's recommendation: Do not bank here! Money isn't being handled properly

Guest

The first suspect is the bank account of the check writer.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article